Information Technology Manager with significant experience in project management, information systems, training, marketing, and communications. Accomplished record of improving processes and developing multi-year visions while lowering the total cost of ownership and maintaining the required level of service. Excellent interpersonal, organizational, communication, and leadership skills.
Information Technology Manager
January 2005 to present
- Installing new VMware infrastructure to replace aging server farm.
- Migrating email system from Exchange server to cloud-based Office 365.
- Developing Sharepoint intranet application for improved internal communications.
- Updating network infrastructure to Cisco Meraki's cloud-based network equipment.
- Installing new Mitel VOIP phone system to replace Toshiba digital system.
- Migrating membership database to a new cloud-application.
- Helped develop a new vision for The Chapel's existing web site that utilizes a content management system and simplifies the editing process.
- Developed online version of the Missions' Department Christmas Catalog to allow online giving.
- Investigated new social media and email communication strategies to increase the effectiveness of our contact with members. Need to utilize the latest social marketing techniques including in-bound marketing and news jacking.
- Helped communicate and promote The Chapel's brand through multiple communications channels.
- Involved in the redesign of a full color print bulletin and other marketing materials.
- Implemented a new printing and copying solution that cuts the overall publication costs while increasing the quality of The Chapel's publications.
- Suggested and implemented letter for bi-annual giving statements that are mailed to the congregation.
- Reviewed vendor proposals for web based video and audio streaming solutions.
- Designed and installed a comprehensive digital signage system that is a more cost effective marketing channel than the more traditional printed materials. The design saved $50,000 in installation costs compared to standard systems.
- Part of multi-departmental team that oversaw the installation of a video system that connects the Akron and Green worship facilities for live broadcast between the two campuses.
- Launched a new Intranet and help desk applications to enhance communications within the organization.
- Designed, developed, and implemented a web-based purchase order system that incorporates an email based approval process, which helps Finance control cash flow and maintain budgets.
- Assessed and proposed staffing and volunteer needs for Communications Department.
- Analyzed congregation survey data and developed summary for leadership.
Board of Trustees
Ohio Region CSB Ministries, Inc. and Brigade Camp at Stony Glen
August 2004 to present
- Board Member 2004 to present - Chairman 2008-2010 and 2012-2014 - Camp Chairman 2010-2012
- Helped focus Brigade Camp brand.
- Designed, developed, and implemented marketing campaigns for new and existing camp programs including a complete redesign of brochures, posters, and direct mail pieces.
- Created copy for social media, blog, and email newsletter.
- Created the initial online presence for camp and continue to consult on current web presence.
- Incorporated in-bound marketing techniques into overall marketing plan.
- Developed a new registration system that streamlines communications with customers.
- Integrated photography and videography as part of camp experience.
- Produced and edited video materials of campers' experiences
United States Congressional Candidate 2010 Primary
- Wrote all copy for campaign
- Managed the team developing the campaigns' web and social media presence
- Formulated an eight point plan as a summary of political positions on key topics during that election
- Developed multiple print pieces
- Speaker at multiple debates and rallies
- Worked with youth leadership from "Youth for Sharkey"
The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co.
August 2001 to January 2005
- Managed projects that replaced existing mainframe applications with new web-based and/or client-server database applications.
- Supported application and web servers with fellow team members.
- Developed Intranet based web applications for office systems.
- Involved in the creation of programming standards for application development.
- Investigated new technology, such as Linux, and how technology could better improve productivity.
- Managed the testing and implementation of new software applications.
- Led a pilot investigation of new estimating software to replace current mainframe application.
- Coordinated retail store surveys for the American Disabilities Act retail assessment.
Information Systems Administrator
City of Akron
February 1993 to August 2001
- Provided technical leadership for the Engineering Bureau’s Information Systems.
- Managed a 100+ user (local and remote) Windows NT 4.0 server network.
- Planned, developed and managed multiple complex projects that were on time and under budget.
- Developed custom training seminars and user manuals, as well as developed programs that encouraged individual study and learning through magazines, books, videos, and computer based training.
- Analyzed business structures and practices and made recommendations for improvement.
- Nominated and accepted as a member of the Public Service Director’s World Class Organization Sponsor Team, which examined how the Service Department could change its business practices in order to serve the public and the city more efficiently and effectively.
- Initiated and developed shortcuts for the conversion of over 1500 paper underground maps to AutoCAD, which reduced the number of hours to convert each map by 50 percent.
- Redesigned project managers’ daily reports, which decreased preparation time by 25 percent.
- Initiated and developed a global scheduling system, which tracked projects from design through construction, allowing managers to better assess personnel needs for projects.
Project Administrator and Computer Manager
May 1992 to January 1993
- Managed training and implementation of new computer software.
- Created time and material billings application for construction projects in Timberline’s Job Cost Module.
PURDUE UNIVERSITY – Bachelor of Science, May 1992
Board Member – Stony Glen Camp, August 2005 to Present
Boy’s Youth Leader – September 1999 to Present
High School Boys Basketball Coach – Fall 2005 to Present
Teacher – History, World Views, Government, Economics, and Leadership, Homeschool Co-op, Fall 2005 to present